Monday, August 20, 2012

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting Review

Exclusive to the Xbox 360, Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting lands on the Xbox Live Arcade. Considered to be the greatest in the Street Fighter franchise, this is the third installment in the series adding hyper speed to the world renowned Championship Edition. This is an arcade port of the original; no graphical changes and no remixed soundtrack. This is the classic just like we remember with a raw tiger knee to your face.

Appreciate this port for what it is, a higher difficulty adjustment for the vets and 4 player lobby matches online, making it the closest you'll get to being at the arcades looking over my shoulder with your bag of quarters. Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting because of its timeless game play, the equation is simple: nostalgia plus online game play you can't go wrong.

Concerning the nostalgia factor, I wasn't too fond with the graphical changes in SSF II Turbo HD Remix. It made it look too cartoony. SSF2THD Remix is a great game though, and has a wonderful balance system but because it looks cuter people over look Hyper Fighting. Hyper Fighting hits with greater impact by keeping it all-original separating this game from all the rest. I mean this game alone made me buy an arcade fight stick; you HAVE got to buy an arcade stick. I adjusted my entire room just for the arcade fight stick. It adds so much more fun to the game or you can yourself the Street Fighter pad. I'm just trying my best to keep you away from that FPS d-pad on the Xbox. When I mention controllers I'm only talking to the Street Fighter fans anyway. Casual gamers might not even notice. These accessories were not even around when this game was released back in '06. To own the Hyper Fighting cabinet would be awesome. But trust me, you'll have just as much fun as before when you played it on the Super Nintendo. This is an awesome video game and one that any old and new school gamer would appreciate.

Yeah, you remember playing on the Super Nintendo, when you used to wrap your thumb inside your shirt just to throw a hadouken. Because of how loyal I am to the series, I would have easily given 40 bucks for this game but lucky for us its only 400 points on XBLA. Nowadays the online players are scattered around, a lot of them moved to HD Remix and the Street Fighter IV series. Both of those series are great, but this is the game that keeps me coming back, even now I have memories of when my Xbox Live friends list was filled with Hyper fighters.

To put it all into perspective, Capcom released Street Fighter IV almost ten years after their last 2D SF game. This is what the Street Fighter community is all about, it reminds me of 2008 when Mega Man 9 was released in 8-bit graphics, that's crazy influence! Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting is just not going away. So until next time gamers, charge back, forward, sonic boom!


View the original article here

0 comments: